Malaysia Airlines Towelette Found On Western Australia Beach


An unwrapped moist towelette branded with theMalaysia Airlines logo has been found on a beach in West Australia -- and it's now being tested to see if it is the first confirmed piece of evidence from the airline's missing plane.
Malaysia Airlines Towelette Found On Western Australia Beach
.


Kingsley and Vicki Miller found the package on July 2 of last year, nearly four months after the plane vanished, but news of the discovery was not publicly reported until today.The package was found by a couple strolling the beach near the town of Cervantes, Nine News reports.
MH370 Anniversary: 5 Theories of What Happened to the Missing Plane
They reported the discovery to the local police who handed it over to the Joint Agency Coordination Center which is handling the investigation into the missing plane.
No photos of the actual packet the Millers discovered has been release,d but they showed an example of the type of moist towelette that they said matched their find.
A spokesman for the Australian Transport Safety Bureau confirmed their discovery to the Sydney Morning Herald, though urged caution.
"It is unlikely, however, that such a common item with no unique identifier could be conclusively linked with MH370," he said.
Malaysia Airlines flight 370 departed from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia on March 8, 2014 and never made it to its intended destination of Beijing. No debris and no remains from the 239 people on board have ever been found.
The one year anniversary of the disappearance of the plane has renewed speculation about the aircraft's location and presumed crash site.
ABC News aviation consultant Steve Ganyard, who previously served as a Marine Corps fighter pilot, said that while we have not been able to find the plane, investigators “have a general idea of where that airplane was going” and have a rough search area approximately 1,000 miles west of Perth, in western Australia.
“I'm pretty comfortable with the satellite hits that we have now,” he told ABC News. “There’s pretty solid evidence that we have now of the airplane heading due south and the last satellite hit."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Manchester Citymidfielder Yaya Toure was subjected to noises that sounded like monkey chanting as his side faced CSKA Moscow in Russia on Wednesday. City have confirmed that they intend to submit an official complaint to UEFA over the alleged abuse, and a club official even spoke to the match delegate from the organisation after the match at the Arena Khimki with a written complaint to follow. Toure spoke of his sadness over the matter at the end of the game after he appeared to point to referee Ovidiu Hategan to identify specific sections of the CSKA supporters who were allegedly abusing him. The midfielder has been widely commended for his inspirational and dignified response to the incidents and in reporting what happened via social media and interviews. The Ivory Coast international told Sky Sports: "It is quite disappointing when you're talking about people continuing to do that. "It is unbelievable and very sad on my part. "I think UEFA need to do something strong. It would be nice if we could stop that. "Some of the songs today were quite stupid and I think UEFA has to do the work. "Every time we say something it continues, something has to be done to stop it." The papers were full of praise for the way that the City star reactedto the reported abuse and spoke with such 'strength' and 'class' after the match. Toure Tweeted after the match: "Thank you for your support! Hate or racism cannot affect me when so many people are showing me love and support on a daily basis! "I believe in football institutions, I know decision makers will take their responsibilties and show A RED CARD TO RACISM." Thank you for your support! Hate or racism cannot affect me when so many people are showing me love and support on a daily basis! — yaya toure (@Toure_yaya42) October 23, 2013 I believe in football institutions, I know decision makers will take their responsibilties and show A RED CARD TO RACISM — yaya toure (@Toure_yaya42) October 23, 2013 There was a great deal of support for Toure on social media with many fans keen to say how impressed they were with his conduct throughout. Yaya Toure extremely dignified, mature & sensible talking about racist chants. Class act — Alex Kunawicz (@AlexKunawicz) October 23, 2013 Dignified response from Yaya Toure in the face of blatant racism from CSKA fans, calling it 'disappointing'! Disgusting is more appropriate! — Michael McCarthy (@mkmccarthy1989) October 23, 2013 The incident comes 18 months after Porto were fined £16,700 by UEFA after their fans racially abused Mario Balotelli during a Europa League clash against City in February 2012. City also lodged an official complaint on that occasion, when monkey-chanting had been prolonged and widespread. Controversially, City were later fined £24,740 for delaying the kick-off of the second half of that same game by one minute. All eyes will now be on UEFA to see if they react strongly enough to this most recent episode.

Why Texas is labeled Canada on this map of the ‘ridiculously large’ U.S. economy

Xapo: Where Billionaires Store Their Keys